You’re not ready if you do not have a Robust Infrastructure for your Virtual Event
Since the current pandemic, we find ourselves at a time when conferences are connected virtually. With many uncertainties now and ahead, returning to normalcy may not be a dream come true for all, if not most. It is especially so when companies are in continual and double quick time modes fighting to expand their global footprints. Perhaps, one of the few routes is through a planned conversion – from onsite plans to virtual events.
Bring a new dimension to your global conference by going digital. With the right approach, you can still generate an immersive user experience and optimise great results. Here, we showcase a collection of best online features to broadcast your event sessions, enthral attendees and meet the requirements of a dynamic business.
1. Choose your Platform Wisely
Just like planning in-person events in the olden days (like a few months ago), knowing what is on the agenda is key to succeed. Start by outlining your content to determine the best suited hosting platform, making sure it meets all PDPA policy as well. Remember, not all technical solutions play well on mobile and some are more appropriate for informal gathering than corporate.
Before worrying about the complicated jargons involved, ask yourself these general questions to get the ball rolling:
Type of virtual event (eg: Conference, Global summit, Tradeshow, Webinar, Podcast)
Digital personalisation (Registration, Website, Email marketing & Social media integration)
Individualistic customisation (Event schedule, Push notification)
Number of attendees (eg: Zoom caps at 100 pax)
Number of workshops/ breakout sessions running concurrently
Activities in each room (Visual elements, Downloadable handouts, Pre-recorded videos, live stream or both)
Audience and speaker interactions (Q&A, polling, live chat, feedback session)
Access Permission (Content available to the public or visible to selected groups)
2. Assemble your Task- Force Team
Pivoting your events to a virtual space requires much leg work in the setting up process to successfully host an online event. For this reason, we recommend hiring an event production company who is equipped with the technical knowledge to propose the right platform, marketing tactics and effective event strategy. This support experts will be with you from start to end, keeping your team in sync every step of the way and providing guided training to manage the sessions backend.
A typical dedicated remote event lead comprises of: - Event Manager
- Web Maintenance professional
- Social Media Moderator
- Online programme designer and moderator
- Event technologist
- Event technical producer and support
- On- demand administrative support (Travel Booking, Schedule Management)
- Full time customer support – both written and verbal
- Data Entry Specialist
3. Platform Design & Branding
Be strategic when planning your virtual event. Brand your very own website or even mobile application with customisable registration capabilities to create a consistent experience for your guests. Events shouldn’t be created with the overall group in mind but each individual. You would want to tailor questions to each attendee type to better understand your demographic and interest, whether they are VIPs, speakers or participants. That is the main goal of registration and website- to entice people and secure registrations for the event.
Modern consumers expect the ability to customise anything and everything to fit their own preference. Hence, to stay competitive in a global market place, it is essential to tune into creating a fully custom and unique experience for users to take control of their interaction.
4. Extensibility of Event Management Integration
A successful event management platform brings together technology tools that cover the entire event lifecycle within a single product. It allows easy exchange of data between the main platform and other features of your choice. By addressing multiple aspects to streamline the event planning process, it empowers you to revolutionise the best event experience possible, not only for your customers but also for yourself. Some embedded event app to professionally manage, promote and stream an appealing online experience are as follows:
Registration and ticketing
Planning and management
Marketing (Email marketing, Social media integration)
Mobile Event apps
Audience Response and engagement
5. Exhibitor Impact to A Virtual Space
As the saying goes, “First impression is the last impression”. Whether it’s a traditional or virtual event, people today are looking for added value and efficiency when deciding to attend any conference. Compared to physical fabrications, 3D modelling opens new possibilities for a memorable bespoke fly-through experience. Through a phenomenal virtual tour with interactive booths and clickable features, your online audience will be engaged, educated and entertained.
1. Main Hall: The entry point for any online event, where attendees are welcomed with a video greeting to start familiarising themselves within the virtual space. It features a variety of items in an overview, ranging from sponsors to exhibitors and activities that are on-going. Additionally, information booths, where attendees can find any assistance they might need, and other forms of navigations and way-finding can be easily added into the virtual world.
2. Exhibition Halls/ Resource Centre: For a near-physical ‘walking in’ involvement, high-resolution exhibitor avatars and exceptionally designed booths can be curated across the virtual landscape. Each exhibitor can offer invaluable learning experiences with rich content formats in dedicated private chatroom.
3. Auditorium: A virtual arena for lectures and panel discussions, where video presentations are either pre-recorded or broadcast live from a studio. A chat room with a moderator or digital feedback form can also be readily available.
4. Breakout Sessions: Offer keynotes and educational webinars for your target audience to select from based on their interest. Q&A, in-session polling and a copious collection of downloadable handout can be shared to keep your attendees captivated. You may also decide in advance how you plan to share recorded sessions, whether they are for the public or protected access.
5. Scheduled Sessions: Featured based on the various days of the event, which can be easily accessed with a click of a button. With the flexibility of switching between screen settings, sessions can be viewed in full screen display or windowed mode for participants to continue their activities while listening to the speakers.
6. Networking and Relationships: Although online networking can never substitute person to person interaction, it still allows for underlying emotions and nonverbal cues to be conveyed. With in-built searchable directory and private messaging functions, people can quickly crowdsource topics or find the right people to directly connect with amongst the multitude of international participating organisations.
6. Live Support & Troubleshoot
A secret to a successful virtual event is to have a strong backend system. The influx of viewers logging on simultaneously could put a strain on your network or cause other malfunctions. Hence, during contingencies when a live troubleshooting is required, your professional tech team must dive in and resolve all technical glitch or hiccups. This is especially vital if you are hosting a multi-track event with many sessions running at once. There must be constant spot-checks in all geographies to ensure all viewing experience (pre-recorded or live) are functioning smoothly. If the matter is not dealt with immediate attention, be prepared to face frustrated viewers who might give up and switch off all together.
7. Statistics Analysis
Virtual events generate a goldmine of real-time data. With everything online, data is captured at every point throughout the event, from visitor’s various activities to the performances of each session. Based on these percentage and breakdown, a customised post-event analytical report for pre-event social marketing activities leading up to event engagement can be generated. This detailed metrics will formulate meaningful actionable insights of your ROI, demographics and user behaviours, answering relevant questions to the event planning and ultimately growing your business. With the understanding of your event’s fruition and success, you will be able to make recommendation for a better program Impact next time.
Move forward with your event, albeit in a virtual configuration
The heart of every event is the interaction among your attendees. Extend your outreach beyond border by taking your events online. Go global with just a few clicks with our virtual events platform.
Roxwell is committed to showcase your products and story with virtual engagement solutions. Our operational capabilities and partnering team provides cradle to grave full service management and performance monitoring.
Leverage on our intensive tech savvy and business intelligence to boost efficiency and agility for all size businesses. From personalising high interactivity websites, featuring 3D virtualisation journey, automating workflow with real-time session tracking and networking, to post-event data detailing, we win over millennials and breathe new life into user experiences.
Ready to connect and interact?
While we all dutifully strive to keep our 1m distance, you can still reach us virtually at email@example.com or whatsapp us.
4 Steps to a successful Virtual event planning